Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Sephora Canada - Ranting about Rewards


I need to rant about Sephora Canada rewards. 

I feel like I’m stuck in a bad relationship but because I still have some fond memories of the good old days, I haven’t been able to muster the balls to cut ties with them. Not to mention, Shoppers Drugmart is slowly but surely creeping up on Sephora’s territory with their Beauty Boutiques constantly adding new brands, NARS being their newest acquisition. Plus, Shoppers Optimum points are about a million times more useful than Sephora’s points will ever be because THEY CAN BE USED TO BUY THINGS I ACTUALLY WANT, YOU BLINDING NEON NARDS!


It’s no secret that Sephora doesn’t really give a red cent about its Canadian consumers.

Oh, I should also mention that Sephora are now adding MAC to their rolodex, so now I’ll be able to buy it in not one, but THREE different locations in my same mall. So, thanks, I guess?

You guys remember how things used to be for us Canadian shoppers, right? Sure, before Sephora opened their Canadian warehouse we’d have to put up with long shipping times BUT the rewards options alone were worth the wait. So, what the hell happened?

These days, the rewards are totally bogus. There used to be a section specifically for Canadian Rewards – which, by the way, Americans used to still be able to access and apply to their orders, as if they didn’t get every perk already! -  and the rewards were actually things worth getting. Nowadays it’s like, how many perfume samples does one person need?

Up until two weeks ago I’d been sitting on over 1000 points for over a year because the rewards weren’t even worth the tiny bottles they were packaged in. Don’t even get me started on any rewards worth 750+ points which are sold out in the blink of an eye.

You can imagine my surprise when a couple weeks ago I was browsing the Sephora site and noticed a ton of 100-point rewards I’d never seen before. Drunk Elephant, Bite, ABH, Caudalie, Dr. Dennis Gross, Fresh – my eyes just about jumped outta my damn head! I couldn’t let this pass me by and placed an order just so I could use up all of my points, because who knows when Sephora might bless us with table scraps again?

And wouldn’t you know it, out of curiosity, I checked the site the next day and all but two of the rewards were gone. Sold out. Who would have guessed people would be interested in items other than single-use foundation samples? If I hadn’t checked when I did, I would probably still be burdened with unusable points myself.

As much as I’d love to say that I’m done with Sephora, I know that isn’t true. However, this post is me letting go of any hope that they might do right by their Canadian customers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment