Thursday, December 13, 2012

Clarisonic Mia 2 : Cleanser Battle

Yesterday I mentioned that I've been using the Clarisonic Mia 2 since around mid-September and that I was looking to get my hands on the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser to use with it since I've heard they're a good combination.

Since getting the Clarisonic I've used two different cleansers with it, each with varying results. 

The first was kind of a staple for me, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit. I have acne prone skin but I can usually keep it under control without many problems and I feel like the Neutrogena cleanser was really helpful with that. By the time I got the Clarisonic I was probably on my fourth bottle. 



I can only assume since the cleanser is already a little strong due to the salicylic acid that when combined with the Clarisonic it goes into over drive! The Clarisonic is continuously exfoliating whenever it lands so I probably should have figured that a gentler cleanser should have been the way to go. My normal-oily skin suddenly had huge dry patches and was sometimes red and itchy - not a good look, to say the least. 

The second was also a bit of a classic product for me, the Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. My mom bought this for me years and years ago and I've pretty much stayed true to it with a little wavering once in a while. I find it a lot gentler and I like that it doesn't give you that "tight" feeling after you've toweled off. 



I've been using the Aveeno with the Clarisonic for the last month now and I've gotten some decent results. I feel like since it's gentle to begin with, the product just works better since the Clarisonic is allowing it to work further than it normally would. So overall I can't complain. 

BUT that doesn't mean I'm not going to seek out something even better. I've read a lot of reviews for the Clarisonic and everyone seems to say it works well but once you find the right cleanser to use with it then it REALLY works well. 

The Clarisonic itself is a really great product. I mean, it's basically a machine for your face! The texture of my skin has improved and I do think it helps with blackheads a little, I have a few around my nose and I've noticed they've gone way down. A lot of reviews have also mentioned that they experienced sort of a "purging" period with their skin during the first few weeks they started using it where their skin went all kinds of crazy. I can't say I experienced anything like that but I guess I can see why you would. Aside for the random blemish here and there, I think it's been doing a really great job and I would definitely recommend it. I would recommend it even more if you can get it as a gift! 

No comments:

Post a Comment