Thursday, December 27, 2012

Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel | Review

So Christmas has come and gone and I hope everyone had a nice break and enjoyed whatever time they managed to get off. I actually took a week's vacation from work so luckily I had a lot of time to loaf around and do nothing aside from sleep and eat. It was heavenly.

I did in fact get the Philosophy Purity Cleanser, which I've been using since I got it on Christmas Eve but that will have to go into another review post since I have more pressing matters to discuss!

My mom gave me the Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel in my stocking because I really enjoy their make-up removing wipes (...maybe that will be another review for another time) and I thought I would give it a go as an every day type of cleanser. BIG MISTAKE.



I was pretty disappointed with it, since I usually really like the Simple products. I'm not a professional when it comes to product ingredients so I typically use the trial and error method when testing things out and I've never had a problem with this brand before, until now.

The Refreshing Wash Gel is a little bizarre to begin with since it's literally a clear, thick gel. It doesn't really lather at all (which annoys me, I don't know why) so it kind of just feels like you're slathering on, well, a thick gel and moving it around on your face! How pleasant...

The smell doesn't bother me since it's pretty faint but it is kind of hard to rinse off, like you really need to rub it off  for your hands/face to feel gel-free. I think as a cleanser it's OK but that's the least of my problems.

My main complaint is that it isn't Kind to Skin at all. If anything, it leaves your skin kind of red! Not all over, but I've noticed places on my face that may have had a blemish or was already a little irritated was only made MORE red and irritated by the Simple cleanser. Not to mention, I suspect it may have caused a small break out on my jaw line...

All in all, I think I'll be throwing it out. I don't think I want to risk ruining all the hard work I've been putting in on my skin (that sounds hilarious when I reread it, but I'm keeping it in!). My advice is if you're interested in the Simple products to stick with the make-up removing wipes. My mom also gave me a sample of their eye make-up remover but I might have to put off testing that for a while until I can block out the memory of their Wash Gel.


No comments:

Post a Comment