Sunday, January 13, 2013

Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine | Review

My husband had the glorious idea of taking a little road trip to test out his new GPS and suggested we go to...wait for it...SEPHORA! A new Sephora just recently opened about 40 minutes away from where we live and he figured it would be the perfect place to go. This is why I love this man.

Needless to say I spent way more than I intended to but sometimes you need to do that for yourself, right?

I got a few things that I plan on posting about eventually, but today I'm going to review one of my purchases.

The Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine.



I've heard a lot about these, mostly because they come in a range of really nice colours, they're non-sticky and super moisturizing. I'm happy to report that all of these things are true.

I know there's a big focus on red/berry lips these days with the wintery season and all but I seem to always go back to pinky neutrals. I can't help it! Jasmine is a really nice choice if that's what you're after. It looks slightly beigy in the little pot but when it's on the lips it's a light pink/nude colour which I think would look fabulous on a lot of different skin tones.

It comes in a little pot which some people would argue with since you're constantly having to dip your finger into it and possibly spreading germs around but what can you do? It also only has 6g (0.21 oz) which is quite small. The packaging is a little deceiving since it gives you the sense that there will be more product inside but again, I'm not complaining.

Like its name suggests, this is a lip BUTTER and thank god for that! Frankly, I'm tired of all these companies coming out with lip products that include the word "butter" into it, placing that shining beacon of hope that it will be thick and moisturizing without the stickyness that gloss normally brings (ahem - Revlon Lip Butters, anyone? No thank you, you crooks!) but I can attest that the Korres Lip Butters do exactly that.

I believe it was somewhere around the $16-$18 mark and although it's a bit of a splurge as far as balms go, I've seen a ton of them on eBay for a few bucks cheaper. So with that said, I would recommend the Korres Lip Butters whole heartedly!

No comments:

Post a Comment