Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Laura Mercier - Lush Nectarine Blush | Review

I have oily skin, that's no secret. So by default I always feel like I need to stay away from overly shiny or sparkly blushes. I mostly stick to MAC's Melba (which is matte) or NYX's Peach (which is also matte - can we sense a theme here?) so I was a little unsure when I picked up Laura Mercier's blush in Lush Nectarine at Sephora last week.



This is another product that I've heard good things about so maybe that's what prompted me to buy it but either way I was surprised to discover that I really like it!

It is, for the record, a little shiny. But thankfully NOT glittery, which I despise. I'm always so jealous of everyone else's glorious NARS blush collections but as soon as you see them in person it's like "Whoa, that's a hell of a lot of shine!" I'd rather not look like a disco party walking down the road, thank you.

ANYWAYS, Lush Nectarine is a little shiny, like I said, but instead it opts for a more "glowy" finish. "Glowy" is also something I'm not used to wearing on my cheeks but I was pretty jazzed with how good it looks.

Normally I would wear a matte blush and apply a cream highlighter on my cheek bones just to up to ante but that's not an everyday thing for me. The nice thing about Lush Nectarine is that the highlight is almost built in and its done in a totally flattering way.

I would consider this an appropriate everyday blush and I suppose to could add an extra highlighter with it with you're feeling fancy (although I might do a bit of a contrasting shade like MAC's LUNA which is sort of a white frost - Lush Nectarine is a light gold)

Colour wise, it's a really beautiful shade. It's not as orange-y as the name would suggest. I would say it's more of a coral colour with a deep peach undertone, if that makes sense.

So, if you're like me and have a deep rooted fear in shiny blushes, I would give Lush Nectarine a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment