Thursday, August 8, 2013

Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial | Review

Months and months and months ago we all kept hearing about Rimmel's new lip offerings in the liquid lipstick gloss world, the Apocalips collection.

Since Rimmel is a UK brand, naturally it was released in the UK months before anywhere else and the rest of us were left watching everyone else rave about it for what felt like years.

Finally about a month ago I was wandering through WalMart, as you do, and stumbled across them on Rimmel's display. Nonchalantly they were just sitting there as if they've been there for months just waiting for me to have a closer look.

I only picked up one shade, Celestial. It seemed like a safe bet, nothing too crazy but it looked like it would give a nice colour pay off. Also as a side note, I expected these to be a lot bigger but they're actually just a little bigger than a credit card!

The one thing I kept hearing was that it was really drying on the lips...I didn't find this to be true. Although for the record, I'm pretty much slathered in lip balm at all times so that could have had something to do with it. Anyways, the colour was really nice and rich and the applicator is pretty neat! It's like a regular doe-foot applicator but with a little divot in the centre sort of like a cupped hand just holding more product for you.

Now, application with this divot-foot can turn into a hot mess if you slap it on all willy nilly so I would suggest using a steady hand! But otherwise, it goes on smoothly and evenly - Celestial is like a purple-y/pink shade which could also probably pass off as a neutral so that's a plus. It also definitely has a smell but I can never describe what it is...it's the same smell as Rimmel's Kate Moss lipsticks in the red tube...sort of citrusy but not really? I don't know.

My only gripe with these is their staying power. I just don't find the Apocalips to be very long-wearing. If you're someone who likes to reapply your lip stuffs throughout the day then it probably won't be an issue; my problem is that I only reapply when I remember to so I can go hours and hours without realizing my lips have worn off...which isn't always a good look.

All in all these are a strong 7 out of 10 for me.

Have you tried Rimmel's Apocalips? What's you're favourite shade? They have a nude colour which looks pretty but I was too apprehensive to take the jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment