Sunday, May 3, 2015

Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask | HG Status

So I'm bad at keeping up on blogs, what can I say?

What I CAN say is that I have a much needed review of the Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask which I bought on Boxing Day 2013 and I'm still using it. I'm not even joking, this shit is for real, y'all. Plus it's not even like I use it once a week, I use it almost everyday.

Clinique deems this to be an "overnight mask" as the title suggests but it's really just a glorified moisturiser and boy is it glorious. For a long time I felt like I was doing reviews on things that I really didn't like but this time we've struck gold!

I don't have dry skin but I do believe my skin gets dehydrated fairly often and Clinique's Overnight Mask is a real life saver. I use this almost exclusively at night before I go to sleep and depending on what my skin feels like is how I determine how much of this I use. On regular days I'll use your average amount of moisturiser although in this case a little really does go a long way (hence why I'm still using the same tube almost 1.5 YEARS LATER!).
                                             
I sort of bought this product on a whim and after researching it (the "mask" definition confused me at first), not only does it have nearly 5 star reviews across the board and works for all skin types, I also discovered a little trick for when your skin is having an exceptional "blah" day. Well, perhaps its not a great trick but ANYWAY after you use the moisturiser like you normally would - give it a second to sink in - and then go in with a second layer patted over top. Normally doing something like this just leaves my face feeling gross but not with this stuff. It's like it works double-duty and the next morning my face feels like it just got the softest collagen injections known to man.

Like I said, I've been using this for well over a year and I wanted to mention that I've been using it consistently throughout the change of seasons and haven't noticed any differences as far as dryness or over-saturation goes. I feel like this is important because I HATE having to buy things depending on the season, I have to do this with my foundations and it annoys me to no end. But in the case of the Clinque Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, it really is a perfect all-rounder. 


Just to cover our basics, the size I have is 3.4 oz (which I believe is the biggest size?), is oil-free and retails for $39.00 on Sephora. At the same time I also bought the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm which is also amazing.

So with all that said I give this product a definite 10/10. We've hit the holy grail, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment