Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Body Shop - Brazil Nut Scrub | Review

I would definitely consider myself more of a makeup person than a hair or body care person. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good body lotion or hair dryer (both reviews coming soon!) as much as the next person, but makeup is really where I put my time and effort...and money, of course. So it was a little out of the ordinary for me to drop almost $80 on a Body Shop online order.

If you're anything like me, you get a million emails a day from every retailer who's somehow managed to get a hold of your email; The Body Shop being one of them. But for some reason I haven't unsubscribed from them (you CAN unsubscribe from those pesky emails in case you didn't know!) and I suppose it's because I really do like The Body Shop's products and although I had never ordered from them before, you just never know!

A few months ago they sent out an email saying that everything online was 40% off...in my mind I read it as "Everything online is ALMOST 50% off!" and away I went.

One of the things I put into my cart was their "limited edition" Brazil Nut body scrub. Now, I'm not a huge body scrub user...I like a nice loofah (I also happen to use one from the Body Shop and it's amazing and lather-y) and they seem to do the trick. Although once in a while I like to use a scrub whether it be for a real "deep skin clean" or because I haven't shaved my legs in a while (usually the latter), I like to have one on hand.



The first thing that struck me about the Brazil Nut scrub is the smell. It smells HEAVENLY. I really, truly wish I could share the smell of this stuff through the screen with you. If you like nutty scents like I do, you will enjoy this. If you like rich food scents in general, you will enjoy this. Sometimes I find myself just opening the little tub and taking a nice long whiff even if I'm not using it. I definitely plan on buying a few more Brazil nut scented products from The Body Shop! So yeah, it's that good.

Another thing I like about this is that it's not really gritty. Obviously, it's a scrub so it is a little gritty but not overly. It has a light "grit" in it, if that makes sense, as well as some scattered heavier "grit" in the form of crushed Brazil nut shells.

The only thing that is only SLIGHTLY annoying about the Brazil Nut scrub is that when you wash it off the Brazil nut shell pieces sort of linger on the bottom of the tub...but that's nothing a little kick of water in the direction of the drain can't rectify. That's it, that's my only con about this scrub and I was really reaching there...

Overall I'd rate The Body Shop's Brazil Nut scrub a solid 9.5/10.

What's you're favourite body scrub? Or even your favourite Body Shop scent! I picked up quite a few things from The Body Shop so I'll probably review a few more in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment