Tuesday, June 11, 2013

YSL Glossy Stain in Pêche Cerra-Colla | Review

My fiance Rob has to go to Montreal once in a while for work and the last time he was scheduled to go in June his boss told him to bring me along since I speak french and Rob doesn't. I pretty much jumped at the chance before you could say "A free trip to Montreal? Oui, s'il vous plait!"

When we got to the hotel Rob started looking for a restaurant online and exclaimed "Oh hey, Sephora's only a few blocks away, we should go!". This is why I love him, ladies and gentleman.

The Sephora we went to was beautiful so it was hard not to throw everything in my shopping bag BUT the things I did pick up are really great. So, throwing in Yves Saint Laurant's glossy stain seemed appropriate since it's a french brand or at least that's what I told myself!

I bought YSL's glossy stain in #27 Pêche Cerra-Colla, although the packaging only displays the number, sadly. As you would expect, the packaging is GORGEOUS, almost worth its hefty price tag in itself but thankfully the product is excellent, too.


What I didn't expect, however, was the texture. Yes, it's a gloss. But it's also a stain that claims to stay glossy for hours on end. Two things that don't seem to make sense together but somehow YSL pull it off.

I find the best way to use this is to put in on in layers. It feels almost waxy on the lips (and only slightly uncomfortable but you get used to it) but when you put on a second - or even third, if you're so inclined - coat that waxy feeling goes away and you're left with a pigmented glossy shine that lasts for hours. It also doesn't have any recognizable smell that I can tell, so that's nice.

The #27 Pêche Cerra-Colla is a peachy coral and in the middle of a hot June day it seemed like the perfect choice! I don't regret choosing the shade at all. I think really it's wearable all year round, actually. I definitely picture myself using this in the fall and wintertime, too.

I would rate YSL's Glossy Stain an 8.5/9 out of 10. Pretty damn good!

Have you tried YSL's glossy stains? Or better yet, have you found a good dupe for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment